Monday 28 January 2013

Hi ho, hi ho it's back to work I go!

After a great start to the festive season with the annual Cuffe & Taylor Christmas Party, the fun didn't stop there! I bid a fond farewell to my colleagues and the festive season really started. I love the entire build up to Christmas and this year I got the chance to really get into the swing of things.

I spent many of my Christmas Holidays entertaining family, with both food and comedy antics! I kicked off with an Afternoon Tea with 'The ladies'. I baked, we ate, we chatted and we sure as hell drunk a lot of tea!


Then it was onto Christmas Eve, where the family assembled at my house pretty much just for the sake of out! Well if you can't entertain, eat lots of food and spend time with family at Christmas, then when can you! Christmas Day arrived and the morning was spent peeling vegetables! Then the most important task- PRESENTS!!! I got some lovely things and pretty much 'the usual' items you expect to get but still very much appreciated. Christmas dinner was cooking and my guests sat down to begin the food fest. I couple of homemade glittery crackers (Brett Davis would have been impressed with the sparkle) and some quirky sweet jar place names, dinner was served!




The eating continued on Boxing Day, with a gathering at the in-laws! We found a box of fancy dress costumes and that was it- the night was made. At one point I combined a Little Red Riding Hood costume with that of Tinkerbell, complete with cat ears! We also had a Rocky Horror costume, a cavegirl Nurse and a caveman crossed with a clown. Most bizarre indeed!


After a few calmer days, celebrations continued on New Years Eve. I ended up throwing a late in th day party, but they do say unplanned evenings are the best. They sure are! More food followed and then it was onto the Xbox Kinect for a dance off! I will admit I am quite a competitive person, especially when I'm competing against the male species! To conclude the evening after the midnight countdown, it was Freddie Mercury time! I number of party members performed an on the spot rendition of 'I Want to Break Free', complete with hoovers, brushes and comical moustaches!


A few days of recovering from all the partying, it was back to work! We had two birthdays to celebrate upon our return! The lovely Lady Burns and our Bryan celebrated turning 21 again during the Christmas break, so it was off to celebrate. Madam Tussauds was the destination and it was great fun!


See you next month (when I get round to updating my blog again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment